Here at Print The Love we're gearing up to celebrate World Kindness Day 2017, and we'd like to share some ideas on how you can join in as well! Many of you probably already know what World Kindness Day is, but for those of you who don’t, here's a brief outline:
World Kindness Day is celebrated every year on November 13th, and it's the perfect opportunity to do something nice for someone. How crazy is that? A day of the year set aside just for being nice? Yes, we know, every day should be World Kindness Day, but for now, we will use November 13th as an excuse to be EXTRA nice!
So how can you join in on the movement? Well, below you will find five simple suggestions on how you can take a few moments out of your day to be nice to people, and do something kind!
1. A Simple Gesture or ‘Hello!’
So often, we get caught up in our own lives, and we forget that even a simple hello can make someone’s day that much better.
- Say hi to your garbage man.
- Hold the door for the person who got coffee in front of you at Starbucks.
- Refill the water jug at work instead of leaving it for the next person.
- Park a few spaces further from the door when you're picking up groceries, and leave a closer parking space open for someone else.
Little things like this can truly make a difference!
2. Pay it Forward
Remember the person you held the door open for at Starbucks? Maybe upon getting to the register you find out your order is already paid for! Your day automatically becomes better. Now pass that on!
We know not all of you will find yourself in a financial position to do this, but there are plenty of other ways to pay it forward!
- Clean out your closet and donate your extra clothes to a shelter.
- Donate blood.
- Offer to babysit for a couple or a single parent so they can enjoy a night out!
Paying it forward is a simple, yet amazing way to be kind in your everyday life.
3. Call Someone You Haven’t Talked to in a While
Simply acknowledging someone is often enough to brighten their day. Maybe you have a friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile, or you know a certain someone who might be struggling with some personal stuff right now; call them and catch up!
A simple “Hi! How are you doing?” could be enough to turn their entire day around, and it costs you nothing.
4. Give Someone a Shout Out
We all have those people in our lives that do way more for us than we do for them. It isn’t that we don’t do things for them, it’s just that they are such amazing people that you would never be able to do as much for them as they do for you. Well, this one is for them!
Take a moment and give them a shout out on Facebook! Thank them for everything they do for you. Let them know that their efforts do not go unnoticed, and tell them how much you appreciate them.
5. Be Kind to Yourself!
So often, and everyone here at Print The Love is certainly guilty of this, we tend to focus so much on helping others, that we forget to think about ourselves. We are firm believers that to help others, you must first help yourself.
- Treat yourself to lunch at your favorite café.
- Set aside some time in the evening to take a bath and enjoy a good book.
- Buy those concert tickets.
- Go to that birthday party your friend is having.
Take the time to be kind to yourself, and soon you will be able to show kindness to others even more frequently.
Let us know what you’ll be doing for World Kindness Day 2017 by telling us on our Facebook page here!